Monday, November 23, 2015

VALE John Bale

Today is the funeral of my birth father John Bale.
I have only known him for a year, but in that time he has been a wonderful influence on my life. We have communicated regularly, thanks to emails,
text messages and images.
His family have been warm and welcoming at I grieve with them at this sad time.

Although I am unable to attend John's funeral, I will be lighting a candle and planting a tree in his honour. Even though there is a dreadful sense of loss and shared grief, I have lots to be thankful for, and I have shared some of my thoughts on Lightning Quick Reads.... 
I will miss John, but I feel it was fate that brought us together even though it was late in John's journey. It was only this time last year that I discovered he was still living in Melbourne. My search through the regular channels had not been successful, but a friend's father worked his skills and found a John Bale in Melbourne. Turned out he was the right person. A wonderful, warm, passionate, intelligent and welcoming father I have been blessed to have met. 
Rest In Peace John Bale. 
You will be remembered with love and gratitude. 
Your loving daughter Rosalie.

I have also talked about my meeting with John at Lightning Quick Reads, 

No comments: