Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time Traveller in Charlie Chaplin's Circus DVD ... What an idea for a story.

In 1928 a woman is photographed walking through the back of Charlie Chaplin's movie set. She is clutching a small object to her left ear and chattering into it. Sounds innocuous and perhaps it is. Or it could be a careless time traveller caught on film. Either way it sets the imagination on fire.
What a great concept for a novel! I just love hearing things like this. They are so inspiring.

Charlie Chaplins 'Circus' timetraveller  youtube video.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I heard about this on TV but hadn't actually seen it. Thanks for posting the video, Rosalie. It is fascinating. I don't have an explanation for it but I found it eerie that she just faded out of the scene which was on going, with people still moving in the foreground.

widdershins said...

Kinda looked a bit like the 'Penguin' from 'Batman' ,but apart from that... it's quite the mystery. I wonder if there's anybody left alive who might be able to refer directly to that shoot

Jane Richardson said...

I saw this too - bizarre! But I can relate, what an idea for a story!

Jane x